When booking a massage, how long to book your massage for is an important consideration. Typically, massage therapy treatments are done in 30, 60 and 90-minute increments. The 60 minute-massage is by far the most common, but it may not always be the best option.
Here’s some reasons to consider whether you need to book a 30-minute, 60-minute of 90-minute massage.
When to book a 30-minute massage
- You are looking for a highly focused massage. For example, you only need a specific area focused on such as the shoulders, just the lower back and hips or your arms, a 30-minute massage is your best bet.
- Children of any age can get a massage and it can be very beneficial especially if they are athletic. Since their bodies are much smaller (not to mention it can be hard to sit in the same spot for too long with a limited attention span), a 30-minute massage is the usually the best option.
- You’re running short on time but you really need to fit some relaxation in. Booking a 30-minute focused massage can be incredibly beneficial so don't use "I have no time" as an excuse! If you book it, we can get it done!
When to book a 60-minute massage
The advantages of a 60-minute massage are focus, efficiency and time.
- With a 60-minute massage, registered massage therapists can focus more on your problem areas and start to resolve your issues with tension and pain.
- Compared a 30-minute massage, we can efficiently work on more muscles groups without spreading ourselves too thin.
- An hour massage are typically easier to fit within your schedule, while allowing efficient time and focus for your specific problem areas.
When to book a 90-minute massage
- If you need your full body massaged such as your back, arms, legs, neck and feet then a 90-minute massage is highly recommended. Massage therapists can only do tackle so many areas of the body during a one-hour massage. If you are trying to resolve pain and tension and you need your full body massaged, please do your therapist a kindness and book a 90-minute massage.
- You need the king of relaxation massages. 90-minutes is the best chance for you to nod off and truly relax. Give yourself some extra time and treat yourself!
- When it comes strictly down to value for time, the 90-minute is the best choice. At Movement Performance & Health, we charge only an extra $20 for another 30 minutes. This is a great value, especially when compared to other clinics.
Make sure to keep these tips in mind when you book your next massage, so you can get the best treatment possible. Whether you need to save time, money or give your body the attention it deserves!
Book your next massage with David Sanda
Whether you need a 30-minute, 60-minute or 90-minute massage, RMT David Sanda is experienced in relaxation massage, deep tissue and therapeutic massage. Book today to feel better!