By: Gillian Ronald, Registered Dietitian and Health Coach
Nuts and seeds are nutrition power houses that supply vitamins and minerals like Vitamin E and fiber, protein and healthy fats.
Many schools and places of work don’t allow these nut items in lunch kits, so consider baking up a batch of muffins, energy bites or breakfast cookies to eat in the A.M or in the car on the way to after school activities.
Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies
· 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
· 1 cup quick cooking oats
· 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
· 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
· 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
· 2 eggs beaten
· (optional- 2/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries)
· (optional – pecan pieces taste amazing sprinkled on top!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl warm coconut oil and honey (either microwave, inside preheating oven or on the stove top).
3. In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
4. Drop about 1/4 cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won't spread while baking). (Tip; Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to shape and measure onto the pan). Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
5. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container.
Fire cupping is a treatment used in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). It is a great treatment to incorporate with massage therapy, acupuncture or done all on its own. Learn more about this treatment and its benefits.
Looking for ideas for healthy snacks? Our registered dietitian Gillian Ronald shares her recipe for cinnamon almond protein bites, an easy-to-make snack that tastes like a cookie and is loaded with great nutrition!
Menopause is a natural physiological aging phenomenon but often comes with a number of uncomfortable symptoms. See how acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can help manage symptoms such as improving your mood and sleep.
#20, 2439 54th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T3E 1M4
HOURS OF OPERATIONMon: 7AM - 7PM
Tues: 7AM - 7PM
Wed: 7AM - 8PM
Thurs: 7AM - 7PM
Fri: 7AM - 5PM
Sat: 7AM - 2PM
Sun: 10AM - 3PM
Copyright © 2023 Movement Performance & Health. All rights reserved.