The Pelvic Floor is a large collection of muscles, like a sheet stretching from your tailbone to your pubic bone. It helps keep organs in place, including your bladder and bowel.
Problems with the pelvic floor muscles are common. As we age, the pelvic floor can become too tight, fatigued, weak and it can have negative impacts on health. Symptoms include incontinence, prolapse, and pain.
Many women suffer from pelvic floor issues during and after pregnancy. Unfortunately, most women are embarrassed to bring them up and ask for help. They expect it is “normal” after having baby, but it’s not.
Treating Pelvic Floor Dysfunction with Chiropractic Care
A lot of the neuromusculoskeletal conditions that affect pelvic health dysfunction can be assisted with chiropractic care.
By reviewing patient history and a chiropractic examination, we can diagnose pelvic floor dysfunction and create a treatment plan specifically based on your goals and functional abilities. Your progress will be reviewed regularly and treatment modified as needed to help you reach your goals.
Treatments may include:
- performing hands-on adjustments of the pubic symphysis and sacroiliac joints
- using ligament release techniques
- working on soft tissues surrounding the pelvic floor
- educating you on exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles
- working with you to strengthen your abdominal core muscles
- educating you on proper posture to keep pressure off the pelvic floor
- integrating BirthFit principles and exercises
We do not do internal work.